Frequently Asked Questions
How do I complete an EdZapp application?
- Visit the Registration page and complete the required fields to set up your profile.
- What if my information changes? You may update your information at any time if you move, change emails, want to switch passwords, etc.
- What if I don’t have an e-mail account? You can obtain one free online at various websites. For example: Yahoo, Hotmail, Google etc.
- What if I share my e-mail account with another EdZapp user? Each EdZapp user must have his or her own unique e-mail address. You can obtain an e-mail account free online.
- Once you log in, go to the Certification & Licensure module to begin building your resume.
- What if I don’t have all of my information ready to enter? You can return to any module at a later time to complete or edit the information.
- What do I do when I have everything filled out? Be sure to set your application to Active for districts to be able to find you. Go to Application Status for more information.
- How do I know what Districts need me to do to apply?
- At the bottom of every job posting, there should be additional information provided by the district of what is required for their district . Or, you can go to their district website.
- You can also get customized applications with our Districts who subscribe at the Private Label level. These are listed in the pull down menu in the middle of the applicant login page.
What does it cost?
Use of the EdZapp system is FREE for applicants. Use our research tools, complete your online application, and apply for any jobs in the system for absolutely no charge.
Are there any EdZapp services that require a fee?
While the service is free, we do provide some additional value-adding options for you.
EZ Document Manager – We can scan your documents and provide an electronic document management portfolio for you for a nominal annual charge. Find out more in the Manage Documents section.
Zapps - If you would like to let a district know that you are interested and eager to teach for them, you may want to Zapp them so that a star appears by your name in their searches. You can use a Zapp for ANY public school district in the U.S. whether they use EdZapp or not. EdZapp will also mail a hard copy letter to the districts you Zapp to introduce you. We’ll provide log-in information for the districts to view your profile (and documents) online.
Use EZ Document Manager and a Zapp together to send personalized cover letters or relevant work samples for specific jobs that you are really excited about. Go to the Purchase tab to purchase these services.
Should I purchase a paid service (Zapps, EZ Document Manager) or not?
Our advice to you is that if you have already narrowed down your job search to 1 or 2 districts, you can probably do without EZ Document Manager and Zapps. If, on the other hand, you have a broader search of more than 3 districts, these features will save you quite a bit of time and money. If you are still not sure, start with EdZapp’s free services, and decide later if you want to add Zapps or EZ Document Manager based on how your job search unfolds.
Has, or will, my information be sold to any third parties?
No, your information will not and has not been sold to third parties. EdZapp will not disclose to any third party your name, address, email address or telephone number without your prior consent, except to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws or in legal proceedings where such information is relevant.
Is EdZapp Secure?
The application is protected by commercially reasonable levels of security, both at the hosting level, and at the application level by user- and group-level (role) securities based on authentication with login ID and password. All financial transactions are protected by a secure encrypted transmission layer.
What kind of privacy options do I have for employers viewing my resume?
You have three options when storing your resume on EdZapp:
- Visible When Activated, your application is searchable by all member districts,
- Restricted OR you may leave it visible and searchable only by districts you have Zapped, or with districts in which you have applied for jobs.
- Invisible OR you may leave it invisible to all districts.
What types of jobs are posted on EdZapp?
You will find certified teaching jobs, classified positions, and administrative job opportunities for public school districts and private schools.
Will the system work on either Windows or Apple systems?
Yes, the new online version accepts applications from either Windows or Apple systems. Our application works best with Internet Explorer (version 6.0 or higher) or Firefox (version 2.0) or Netscape. We cannot assure or support functionality of other browsers.
Why should I register?
When you register, you create a personal profile which includes your application, resume, cover letter, and letters of recommendations as well as other supplemental files. Once your profile is established online, multiple districts can search and review your application based on their job needs. You are assured better visibility with EdZapp than with a paper copy of your application that could get shuffled and lost on someone’s desk.